An e-packet from the school, which will include tuition information, is immediately available by filling out the Inquiry Form. You will receive an email with all information and a link to set up your own visit.
We typically enroll students from March-July for the upcoming school year and from March-May for our 8 week summer program. Year-round enrollment (immediate) is possible if space is available. Our infant and toddler environments often have waiting pools and you can inquire about that by phone.
(*Some tuition assistance is available for qualifying families. To apply for assistance, please see our policy below.)
We look forward to hearing from you.
- prospective students must be at least 6 weeks old for infant, 18 months for toddler, 3 for primary, and 6 for elementary by August 15th of that current year
- The first steps of the admissions process are as follows:
- Prospective families will schedule an on-site visit to tour the facility and observe the classroom(s) in session.
- An application must be submitted, along with the non-refundable application fee of $85 per child.
- Each student will be required to have an interview. Our Child Visits are an opportunity for the child to see the prepared environment while working one on one with a trained Montessori guide. The parents may observe the visit, but are asked to stay back and just observe.
After completing the admissions process, MJMA will make an enrollment determination within 10 business days of the Child Visit. If our programs are at capacity, accepted children will be entered into a wait pool until such time that a space becomes available.
Applications are accepted throughout the year, and we enroll based on the optimum age balance for our multi-age classrooms, the earliest date of application received, and by the philosophical fit between the family and our school.
As a Montessori school, we are deliberate in offering enrollment and take great care to balance our classrooms according to Montessori standards. New enrollment is offered to students based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, philosophical fit between family and school, prior Montessori experience, long term placement (going through kindergarten and beyond at MJMA), age and gender of child, needs of child/family, how many days/week a child will enroll, siblings, etc.
Enrollment offers are made in writing. Families complete the enrollment paperwork within 5 business days after enrollment offered, and submit a non-refundable $200.00 enrollment deposit to hold the spot. Failure to submit the paperwork or enrollment deposit shall result in forfeiture of the enrollment offer.
No person shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religious belief or national origin.
Our enrollment process & timeline for each year is:
- September-February: Accepting applications for the upcoming school year
- Feb 1 – Re-enrollment agreements available to current families & siblings
- Feb 15 – Re-enrollment agreements due back; enrollment opened to students on the wait lists
- Mar 1-21 – Interviews conducted for new applicants*
- Mar 25-May 24 – New students enrolled
- May 31 – Deadline for Financial Aid for school year
*Applications received after March 15 will be processed beginning April 1.
Mt. Juliet Montessori is committed to providing a Montessori learning environment that is accessible to children from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds. Mt. Juliet Montessori strives to provide tuition assistance to as many families as possible, while maintaining an affordable tuition for all our families. Financial aid awards are based on demonstrated need.
- Complete and submit Financial Aid Application and your family’s 2012 Tax Returns online to F.A.S.T (Financial Aid for School Tuition by Independent School Management). Please be sure to submit by May 31 for the upcoming school year. The F.A.S.T. site offers a worksheet you can download prior to completing the online application. You can log in to the site as many times as you need to before May 31 to complete the process. All information will be kept strictly confidential.
- Once a family has completed Step #1 an award determination will be made based on an assessment of the family’s financial information.
- Financial aid determination letters will be mailed no later than June 30th.
- Families must file new forms for each year they have a need.
*If parents are engaged, separated or divorced, it is important that both parties complete an application. Generally, it is expected that both parents will contribute to their child’s educational expenses. Please contact the school office to discuss the circumstances pertaining to your family’s situation.
*Because the demand for financial aid by qualified applicants often exceeds available funds, the school must weigh each family’s need relative to all other families applying for financial aid.
*Financial need is not considered in determining a student’s eligibility for admission.
*As there are often tax incentives available for preschool aged children, the majority of financial aid is allocated to returning families and for the school age level (kindergarten and up).
Mt. Juliet Montessori admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs and other school-administered programs.